Practical Information In Disease Prevention, and Symptom Alleviation Gleaned From Up-To-Date Scientific Studies
- Individuals in the highest percentile of Vitamin B12 supplementation were six times less likely to experience brain shrinkage, a consequence of ageing and alcohol abuse, than individuals in a lower percentile. 
- Vitamin D supplementation corresponded to up to 5 years of increased lifespan. 
- Vitamin D shown to reduce the risk of developing schizophrenia in men by up to 77%. 
- Supplementation with omega-3 from fish oil reduces both amyloid-beta (A-beta) and tau protein, both hallmarks of Alzheimer's Disease. 
- Children with a high omega-3 intake were 55% less likely to develop type 1 diabetes. 
- Folic Acid deficiency increases the brain’s susceptibility to Parkinson’s disease. 
- A 70 year old will synthesize approximately 4 times less Vitamin D from the same amount of sun exposure than his or her former 20 year old self. 
- Individuals supplementing 500 milligrams of vitamin C daily had 24% drop in plasma C-reactive protein (CRP), a marker of inflammation. Chronic inflammation results in a plethora of diseases including aging, Alzheimer’s disease, atherosclerosis, asthma, acne, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, obesity, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and type 2 diabetes.
- Coconut oil promotes weight loss in women with abdominal obesity. 
Supplements of Current Interest
Why is all of this important to me? Why take the time to put together this website?
I still have much of my life left ahead of me and I would like to maintain my youthful appearance, prevent the debilitation that can come with old age, and keep my mind sharp. To figure out how to go about this, the internet and scientific literature has provided all of us with an incredible resource that keeps us from having to rely on wivestales and home remedies to prevent the maladies that can accumulate just from existing. It is my goal, in my own pursuit of knowledge, to synthesize this and present it to you in a cut-the-fat, just the facts ma'am, manner.
Help me get this content to you, and to others. Sign up on my newsletter below and I promise I won't sell your email, send you an excess amount of emails, and best of all... If you have any comment, suggestion, or question you can reply to any newsletter and I'll take the time to personally reply to you and answer any questions, or review any suggestions you may have. To maintain maximum credibility, nearly every statement made on each page of this blog will have an appropriately cited scientific source.
- ↑ Vogiatzoglou, Anna; A David Smith, Eha Nurk, Paula Berstad, Christian A Drevon, Per M Ueland, Stein E Vollset, Grethe S Tell, Helga Refsum (2009-04). "Dietary sources of vitamin B-12 and their association with plasma vitamin B-12 concentrations in the general population: the Hordaland Homocysteine Study". The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 89 (4): 1078-1087. doi:10.3945/ajcn.2008.26598. ISSN 1938-3207. PMID 19190073.
- ↑ Richards JB, Valdes AM, Gardner JP, Paximadas D, Kimura M, Nessa A, Lu X, Surdulescu GL, Swaminathan R, Spector TD, Aviv A (November 2007). "Higher serum vitamin D concentrations are associated with longer leukocyte telomere length in women". Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 86 (5): 1420–5. PMID 17991655.
- ↑ McGrath, John; Kaisa Saari, Helinä Hakko, Jari Jokelainen, Peter Jones, Marjo-Riitta Järvelin, David Chant, Matti Isohanni (2004-04-01). "Vitamin D supplementation during the first year of life and risk of schizophrenia: a Finnish birth cohort study". Schizophrenia Research 67 (2-3): 237-245. doi:10.1016/j.schres.2003.08.005. ISSN 0920-9964.
- ↑ Green, Kim N; Hilda Martinez-Coria, Hasan Khashwji, Eileen B Hall, Karin A Yurko-Mauro, Lorie Ellis, Frank M LaFerla (2007-04-18). "Dietary docosahexaenoic acid and docosapentaenoic acid ameliorate amyloid-beta and tau pathology via a mechanism involving presenilin 1 levels". The Journal of Neuroscience: The Official Journal of the Society for Neuroscience 27 (16): 4385-4395. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0055-07.2007. ISSN 1529-2401.
- ↑ Norris, Jill M; Xiang Yin, Molly M Lamb, Katherine Barriga, Jennifer Seifert, Michelle Hoffman, Heather D Orton, Anna E Barón, Michael Clare-Salzler, H Peter Chase, Nancy J Szabo, Henry Erlich, George S Eisenbarth, Marian Rewers (2007-09-26). "Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid intake and islet autoimmunity in children at increased risk for type 1 diabetes". JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association 298 (12): 1420-1428. doi:10.1001/jama.298.12.1420. ISSN 1538-3598. PMID 17895458.
- ↑ Duan, Wenzhen; Bruce Ladenheim, Roy G Cutler, Inna I Kruman, Jean Lud Cadet, Mark P Mattson (2002-01). "Dietary folate deficiency and elevated homocysteine levels endanger dopaminergic neurons in models of Parkinson's disease". Journal of Neurochemistry 80 (1): 101-110. ISSN 0022-3042. PMID 11796748.
- ↑ Holick, M F; L Y Matsuoka, J Wortsman (1989-11-04). "Age, vitamin D, and solar ultraviolet". Lancet 2 (8671): 1104-1105. ISSN 0140-6736.
- ↑ Block, Gladys; Christopher D Jensen, Tapashi B Dalvi, Edward P Norkus, Mark Hudes, Patricia B Crawford, Nina Holland, Ellen B Fung, Laurie Schumacher, Paul Harmatz (2009-01-01). "Vitamin C treatment reduces elevated C-reactive protein". Free Radical Biology & Medicine 46 (1): 70-77. doi:10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2008.09.030. ISSN 1873-4596.
- ↑ Assunção, Monica L; Haroldo S Ferreira, Aldenir F dos Santos, Cyro R Cabral, Telma M M T Florêncio (2009-07). "Effects of dietary coconut oil on the biochemical and anthropometric profiles of women presenting abdominal obesity". Lipids 44 (7): 593-601. doi:10.1007/s11745-009-3306-6. ISSN 1558-9307.
These statements and/or products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not medical advice, if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician.